- How can information technologies be vectors for social progress?
- What is Social IT according to e-accessibility?
- Who is e-accessibility?
- Who is behind the label?
- Where does the idea come from?
- Is Social IT revolutionary?
- How can companies take control of their own development?
- Is Social IT of benefit to the disabled?
- Are content solutions really accessible to the disabled?
- Where to find accessible solutions?
1. How can information technologies be vectors for social progress?
Information technologies represent the improvement of computer techniques, namely progress in information techniques. Placing people at the heart of technology means involving this technology in a process of social progress, a source of job creation and of personal development.
2. What is Social IT according to e-accessibility?
Social IT is a concept designed to combine digital techniques, people and the socio-economic environment. Firstly, finding the equipment needed to to favour the use of digital techniques by the disabled. Our association’s objective is to support a person in his personal development with a view to professional integration.
Through Social IT, our association conducts concrete actions in support of the disabled with a view to social progress, and also promotes the label which guarantees the quality of digitally accessible products.
3. Who is e-accessibility?
e-accessibility is the association which manages the e-accessibility label. It does not have anything to sell. It puts the disabled in touch with economic stakeholders in order to promote certified digital accessibility.
4. Who is behind the label?
The e-accessibility label is managed by the e-accessibility association, with the help of Ipedis, an expert in accessible solutions for the disabled.
5. Where does the idea come from?
We noticed that technology and employment were seen as being two separate and distinct entities. Finding a job may be seen as a goal in itself but what is important is understanding what led the individual to his job: a global process which combines people and technology, a source of social progress.
6. Is Social IT revolutionary?
This new vision of access to information technologies tries to change mentalities in order to place people at the heart of technical progress. Social IT, also means access to very high-quality computer solutions by non-holders. To that end, we need the support of committed companies. Social IT is part of a global logic which combines social issues, technology and ethics.
7. How can companies take control of their own development?
The label and e-accessibility’s actions aim to encourage companies to refocus their technical knowledge on people. Techniques must not ignore people and companies know that they must organise their own sustainable future. Investing in equality also means investing in the long-term.
8. Is Social IT of benefit to the disabled?
Social IT is part of an economic logic which creates jobs, a social logic which is a source of personal and professional development, and a technical logic which supports the everyday life of the disabled.
9. Are content solutions really accessible to the disabled?
Yes in the case of solutions offered by real experts. There are many false experts offering attractive solutions and it is difficult to distinguish between an accessible solution without carrying out conformity tests by the blind. Paying high prices for inappropriate solutions is a waste of money.
10. Where to find accessible solutions?
We offer a list of experts. It is a reliable source of information which respects the needs of the disabled.